By visiting the Website you are accepting the practices described in this Policy.
If you have an inquiry or concern about our Policy, please contact us at
CHANGES IN THIS POLICY
LCS may amend this Policy at any time without notice. Changes to this Policy may affect the way we use personally identifiable information you provided, prior to notifying users of the changes. Please visit our Website to obtain current information about our Policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
The information we collect generally falls into two categories: (1) Personally identifiable information that you supply to us ("PII"), and (2) Tracking information collected as you navigate through the Website ("Non-PII").
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We may collect and store PII whenever you do the following:
- 1. You register and login to take an assessment. When you sign up to take an assessment on the Website, we ask you to provide PII which includes your year of birth, gender, email address, zip code. We use this information to process your assessment data.
- 2. Complete an assessment. We collect various information depending on the nature of the assessment. The use of the PII data collected in the survey is governed by the Terms and Conditions for the Website ("Terms"), the Data Use Terms you accept and the terms of this Policy.
- 3. Contact us with a question or concern. If you submit an email or contact customer service, in order to better serve your needs, a representative may ask you to provide certain personal information like your name, mailing address, telephone number, mobile number, and/or email address. We use this information to answer your question or address your concern.
In addition to the uses outlined above, LCS uses information collected to provide you with information regarding LCS and its products and services, as well as the products and services of third parties LCS believes may be of interest to you. If you do not want LCS to contact you with this information, please follow the opt-out procedures below.
AGGREGATE AND COMPUTER- RELATED INFORMATION
When you use the Website, we may collect tracking information such as your browser type, the type of operating system you use, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and pages visited on the Website. We collect this information for aggregate reporting on Website activity. For example, we may want to know how long the average user spends on the Website or which pages or features get the most attention.
When we collect this information we endeavor to make any personally identifiable information non-personally identifiable by combining it with information about other individuals or by removing characteristics that make the information personally identifiable to you. LCS reserves the right to share with third parties aggregated information about you and other visitors to our Website. We share this information in order to improve our Website and develop content and services that may be of interest to you.
- Device Information. We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number) when you visit any LCS website.
- Log Information. When you visit any LCS website, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include: details of how you used our service, such as your search queries and content you accessed; your internet protocol address; device and event information such as hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL; and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
LCS websites do not currently allow any third party cookies. You can choose to disable LCS cookies. Allowing cookies will provide a user with the best possible experience on LCS website. If you choose to disable cookies, certain sections of the website will not work properly. If you use different devices to view and access LCS website (e.g. your computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) you will need to ensure that the browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Except as provided below, LCS does not share your PII with third parties without your permission.
- We may disclose PII you submit in response to an assessment as set forth in the Data Use Agreement you accept.
- We may share PII, in the form of your contact information, with other companies that may want to contact you with offers. You may opt-out of receiving future mailings from other entities by following the instructions set forth in the opt-out section below.
- We also may disclose information to outside companies that help us bring you the products and services we offer or that are necessary to process the transaction you request. For example, we may work with an outside company to: (a) process credit card transactions, if applicable; (b) administer an assessment; (c) manage a database of customer information; (d) assist us in distributing e-mails; (e) assist us with direct marketing, if applicable, and data collection; (f) provide us storage and analysis; (g) provide fraud prevention; (h) administer an examination or e-Learning module; and (i) other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We require that these outside companies agree to keep confidential all information we share with them and to use the information only to perform their obligations in the agreements.
- We may disclose your PII to third parties with your permission.
- We may disclose PII you provide via the Website in connection with the sale, assignment, or other transfer of the business or a portion of the business of the Website, including a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, sale of assets, or other corporate change of our company.
LCS may share Non-PII with business partners and other third parties. We reserve the right to use, transfer, sell, and share aggregated, anonymous data about our users as a group for any business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers and partners.
OPT OUT OR CHANGE INFORMATION
If you do not want to receive email from us, or you want to prevent your information from being used for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected, or if you need to update your information, please let us know by sending an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org, or writing to us at Attn: Customer Service Dept., P.O. Box 617691, Chicago, Illinois 60661.
LCS will unsubscribe you from email communications within ten (10) business days following your request. Due to production, mailing, and system timelines, it may take some time to process a request to prevent information from being used for other purposes. In addition, we may still use your information to communicate with you for other purposes, such as your orders and purchases, for customer service, or regarding examinations or membership which you have requested.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
The Website has industry standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While there is no such thing as "perfect security" on the Internet, we will take all reasonable steps to insure the safety of your personal information.
We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from persons under the age of 18. We do not have a mechanism for determining the age of the visitors to our Website.
If you choose to visit and/or use the Website, your use, visit, and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Policy, our Terms, the Data Use Agreement you accept, including limitations on liability and damages. This Policy, the Terms and the Data Use Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. If any provision of this agreement shall be held unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. If you have any concern about privacy on the Website, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and this Policy, the Terms, and the Website will continue to change. You should check the Website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, any revised Policy will replace the prior Policy and will apply to past and current visitors.